|Product Name||Socket-welded Full Coupling|
|Material||Stainless steel: 201,TP304,TP316, TP304L, TP316L, 304L, 316L, TP321, TP310S, 904L etc.
Carbon steel: A105, Q234, Q235, X52, F60,F70, Y60, Y70 etc.
Duplex steel: 2205(S31803), S32205, 2507(S2750), S3276 etc.
Other special: C70600, 254MO
|Size||1/8″, 1/4″, 3/8″, 1/2″, 3/4″, 1″, 1-1/4″, 1-1/2″, 2-1/2″, 3″, 4 ” etc|
|Standard||ASME, ANSI, MSS-SP, GB etc|
|Application||Pipe lines connection of water, steam, air, gas, oil etc|
|DN||Nom Pipe Size||B2||C1||D2||E2||J (Min)|
Get a perfect, custom pipe coupling
02. Advanced Technique
Mature and advanced equipment and professional test engineers ensure high quality products
03. Excellent Quality
Real material with uniform wall thickness
Strong tensile strength
Founded in 2571, our company, HangZhou Dejia Special Steel Co., Ltd is specialized in producing various products such as elbows, tees, reducers, caps, flanges and valves. We can produce products according to National standard, American standard etc. It’s our feature that we can produce products of any size ad per customers’ special demands.
Our company CHINAMFG on honesty, continuity and transparency with our clients. We would like to cooperate with global customers and make the good protection project in world market.
Why choose our company? We features scientific and rational design, advanced production process, quality manufacturing materials, comprehensive security protection and first-class after-sales service.
Q: What are your main products?
A: We specialize in producing a wide range of valves, elbows, flanges, Tee, Cross, gaskets etc.
Q: How long is your delivery time?
A:Usually it’s 15-30 days all the best or it’s more than 30 days according to the quantity.
Q: Do you provide samples? Free or charge?
A:Yes, we’d like to offer you samples but you have to cough up dough for shipping.
Q: How do you guarantee the quality of your products?
A: Before mass production, a few products made by our engineers for conduct tests. All products must be checked before shipping.
Q: How about your service?
A: Xihu (West Lake) Dis.g to the concept of ” Service Supremacy”, we have pre-sale service, on-purchase service and after-sales service.
Q: About packing?
A: Depending on the properties of the product, choose its appropriate packaging to protect the item from damage and allow you to purchase at ease.
Q: About color difference?
A: All products are shot in real objects, and there will be a slight degree of color difference between the real thing and the picture due to the shooting light, the color value bias of the display, and the individual’s understanding of color. Colour is subject to the goods received.
Q: What size can your company produce?
A: We have all the common sizes on the market. In addition, we can also customize according to your needs, whether its size or material.
Torque and Speed Ratings of Flange Couplings
Flange couplings are available in various sizes and designs to accommodate a wide range of torque and rotational speed requirements. The torque and speed ratings of flange couplings depend on several factors, including their size, material, and design.
The torque rating of a flange coupling indicates the maximum amount of torque it can transmit without experiencing failure or damage. It is typically specified in Nm (Newton-meters) or lb-ft (pound-feet). The torque rating varies for different sizes and types of flange couplings. Larger flange couplings generally have higher torque ratings compared to smaller ones.
The speed rating of a flange coupling represents the maximum rotational speed at which it can operate reliably without excessive vibration or wear. It is typically expressed in RPM (revolutions per minute). The speed rating is influenced by factors such as the design, material, and balancing of the flange coupling. Higher-speed applications require flange couplings that can handle the increased centrifugal forces and dynamic loads associated with higher RPMs.
Size and Type:
The torque and speed ratings vary for different sizes and types of flange couplings. For example:
- Smaller flange couplings, such as those used in light-duty applications, may have torque ratings ranging from a few Nm to several hundred Nm, and speed ratings up to a few thousand RPM.
- Larger flange couplings, used in heavy-duty industrial applications, can have torque ratings exceeding several thousand Nm and speed ratings that may reach tens of thousands of RPM.
- Flexible flange couplings may have slightly lower torque ratings compared to rigid flange couplings but offer greater misalignment compensation.
It is essential to refer to the manufacturer’s specifications and technical data to determine the specific torque and speed ratings for each size and type of flange coupling. Manufacturers typically provide detailed performance data to help users select the appropriate flange coupling for their specific application.
When selecting a flange coupling, it is crucial to consider the torque and speed requirements of the application. The operating conditions, such as load fluctuations and thermal effects, should also be taken into account to ensure the flange coupling’s reliable performance and longevity.
Flange couplings come in various sizes and designs, each with its own torque and speed ratings. Properly selecting a flange coupling that meets the specific torque and speed requirements of the application is essential to ensure efficient and trouble-free power transmission in mechanical systems.
Can Flange Couplings Be Used in Heavy-Duty Applications Such as Mining and Construction?
Yes, flange couplings can be used in heavy-duty applications such as mining and construction, where they are often employed to transmit power between large machinery and equipment. Flange couplings are designed to handle high torque and axial loads, making them suitable for these demanding industries. Here are some reasons why flange couplings are well-suited for heavy-duty applications:
1. High Load Capacity: Flange couplings are engineered to provide high load-carrying capacity, making them ideal for heavy machinery used in mining and construction. They can efficiently transfer power between components with large torque requirements, such as conveyors, crushers, and excavators.
2. Tolerance to Misalignment: Heavy-duty equipment may experience misalignment due to uneven loading, vibrations, or other factors. Flange couplings can accommodate certain degrees of misalignment, reducing stress on connected components and preventing premature wear or failure.
3. Durability and Strength: In mining and construction, equipment is subjected to harsh conditions, impacts, and vibrations. Flange couplings are typically made from robust materials like steel or cast iron, providing exceptional strength and durability to withstand the rugged environments encountered in these industries.
4. Easy Maintenance: While heavy-duty applications may expose equipment to extreme conditions, maintenance and downtime should be minimized. Flange couplings are designed to be relatively easy to install and maintain, ensuring that machinery can quickly get back to work after routine maintenance or repairs.
5. Various Flange Designs: Flange couplings come in different designs, including rigid, flexible, and torsionally flexible variations. This allows engineers to select the most appropriate type for the specific needs of mining and construction equipment.
However, it is crucial to consider factors such as the specific load requirements, operating conditions, and alignment precision when choosing flange couplings for heavy-duty applications. Proper installation, regular inspection, and adherence to recommended maintenance schedules are essential to ensure the reliable performance and extended service life of the flange couplings in mining and construction equipment.
Limitations and Disadvantages of Flange Couplings
While flange couplings offer several advantages, they also have some limitations and disadvantages that should be considered when selecting them for a specific application:
- 1. Size and Weight: Flange couplings tend to be larger and heavier compared to some other coupling types. This can be a limitation in applications where space and weight are critical factors.
- 2. Higher Cost: Flange couplings can be more expensive to manufacture and install compared to simpler coupling designs like sleeve couplings or clamp couplings.
- 3. Complex Installation: Installing flange couplings may require more time and expertise due to their intricate design and multiple components, including bolts and gaskets.
- 4. Rigidity: Flange couplings are relatively rigid, which means they may not accommodate as much misalignment as flexible couplings. Excessive misalignment can lead to increased stress on the equipment and coupling, potentially resulting in premature failure.
- 5. Bolt Stress: Proper tightening of the bolts is crucial for the effective functioning of flange couplings. Over-tightening or under-tightening the bolts can lead to bolt fatigue or coupling slippage.
- 6. Noise and Vibration Transmission: Flange couplings, especially rigid designs, can transmit more noise and vibration compared to flexible couplings, potentially affecting the performance and longevity of connected equipment.
- 7. Maintenance: Flange couplings may require more frequent maintenance due to the presence of multiple components and the need to periodically check bolt tightness and gasket conditions.
- 8. Corrosion: Depending on the material used, flange couplings may be susceptible to corrosion in certain environments. Corrosion can compromise the integrity of the coupling and reduce its service life.
Despite these limitations, flange couplings are still widely used in various industrial applications due to their robustness, high torque capacity, and ability to handle heavy loads. Proper application, installation, and maintenance can help mitigate some of these disadvantages and ensure the reliable performance of flange couplings in a wide range of systems.
editor by CX 2023-10-23