- Oldham couplings are a 3 piece design comprised of 2 aluminum hubs press fit CZPT a center disk. Torque transmission is accomplished by mating the slots on the center disk to the drive tenons on the hubs. During operation the center disk slides on the tenons of each hub (which are orientated 90 apart) to transmit torque.
- While the couplings accommodate a small amount of angular and axial misalignment, they are especially useful in applications with parallel misalignment.
- We offers oldham couplings in set screw or clamp styles with bores ranging from 4mm to 35mm. Inch and metric hubs (set screw, clamp style, keyed, or keyless) are interchangeable and can be combined into a single coupling as long as they have the same outside diameter. Oldham coupling hubs are standard in black anodized aluminum for improved lubricity, increased life, and low inertia. Hubs are also available in stainless steel CZPT request for increased corrosion resistance.
- Ideal for many light duty industrial and motion control applications, oldham couplings have the ability to protect more expensive machinery components.
- For example the oldham coupling acts as a torque limiter during overload. When the disk fails, it breaks cleanly and does not allow any transmission of power.
- Oldham couplings also have the advantage of electrical isolation due to the non-conductive nature of the center disk.
- This prevents electrical currents from being passed to delicate instruments which can cause inaccurate data readings or damage.
- High absorption capacity of radial misaligment
- They do not produce kinematic errors in transmission
- Elimination of loads on shaft
- Mechanical protection against excessive torque
- Replaceable disc
1. We have first-class testing equipment to detect linear guide various data parameters and control the quality of the linear guide.Whenever linear guides must first detected whether the quality is qualified and the unqualified linear guide will be eliminated directly.So we can get the trust of a large customer, and supply them for several years.
2. We have our own R & D capabilities, to help customers solve the problem of non-standard linear guides.We can also according to customer requirements change their own mark.
3. Price, our manufacture ensure that our prices across China are quite competitive.It is better for you to compare prices and quality among suppliers.But everyone knows you can not buy the highest quality products with the lowest price,but our product is the best quailty if you use equal price.
1. When can I get the quotation ?
We usually quote within 24 hours after we get your inquiry. If you are very urgent to get the price,please call us or tell us in your email so that we will regard your inquiry priority.
2. How can I get a sample to check your quality ?
After price confirmed,sample order is available to check our quality.
3. What is your main products ?
Linear motion systems,like lead screws, flexible coupling,Miniature linear guide rails,ball screws,linear rod shaft,ceramic bearings …etc. But also CNC machining centers and CNC machinable tooling boards.
4. Could you get a better price on your products ?
Yes,you can.We will give the best price on all of the products you need,which can help you to compete other companies in your markets.
5. What is the strength of your company ?
We have a engineer team,who have well experienced on product’s and machine designs.We can help you to solve the problems you meet.
Welcome to inquiry US!
Flange Couplings for Motor-to-Shaft and Shaft-to-Shaft Connections
Flange couplings are versatile components that can be used for both motor-to-shaft and shaft-to-shaft connections in a wide range of mechanical systems. Their design and features make them suitable for various applications:
1. Motor-to-Shaft Connections: Flange couplings are commonly used to connect electric motors to driven equipment, such as pumps, fans, compressors, and conveyors. In motor-to-shaft connections, the flange coupling is mounted on the motor shaft and connected to the input shaft of the driven equipment. This configuration ensures efficient power transmission from the motor to the driven component.
2. Shaft-to-Shaft Connections: Flange couplings are also employed for shaft-to-shaft connections, where two shafts need to be linked together. This could involve connecting two separate pieces of machinery or extending the length of an existing shaft. Flange couplings allow for the secure and precise alignment of the two shafts, ensuring smooth rotation and power transmission between them.
Flange couplings are available in various designs, such as rigid flange couplings, flexible flange couplings, and floating shaft couplings. Rigid flange couplings offer a more rigid connection, ideal for applications where shaft misalignment is minimal. Flexible flange couplings, on the other hand, can accommodate some degree of misalignment and provide vibration dampening, making them suitable for systems with dynamic conditions or slight misalignments.
When selecting a flange coupling for a specific connection, factors such as the required torque capacity, shaft sizes, misalignment tolerance, and operating conditions need to be considered. Proper installation and alignment are crucial to ensure the optimal performance and longevity of the flange coupling in both motor-to-shaft and shaft-to-shaft connections.
In summary, flange couplings are versatile components that can be effectively used for both motor-to-shaft and shaft-to-shaft connections. Their ability to provide secure and efficient power transmission makes them a valuable choice in various industries and mechanical systems.
Flange Couplings in Precision Motion Control Systems
Yes, flange couplings can be used in precision motion control systems, provided they are designed and selected appropriately for the specific application. Precision motion control systems often require high accuracy, repeatability, and minimal backlash. Flange couplings can meet these requirements when certain factors are considered:
1. Backlash: Precision motion control systems require minimal or zero backlash to ensure accurate positioning. Flexible flange couplings with no metal-to-metal contact, such as elastomeric or beam couplings, are preferred for these applications.
2. Rigidity: Flange couplings should have sufficient torsional rigidity to maintain the accuracy of the motion system. Rigid flange couplings made from materials like aluminum or steel can provide higher torsional stiffness.
3. Misalignment Compensation: In precision systems, alignment errors must be minimized. Flexible flange couplings can compensate for minor misalignments between shafts while maintaining precise motion transmission.
4. Low Inertia: Flange couplings with low inertia are desirable as they reduce the overall inertia of the system, enabling faster acceleration and deceleration during motion.
5. Material Selection: The choice of material is critical in precision motion control applications. Materials with high strength-to-weight ratios and minimal deformation under load are preferred.
6. Environmental Factors: Consider the environmental conditions in which the flange coupling will operate. For instance, in vacuum environments or cleanrooms, non-lubricated or special coatings may be necessary.
When selecting a flange coupling for precision motion control systems, it’s essential to consider the specific requirements of the application, including speed, torque, misalignment, and environmental factors. Regular maintenance and periodic checks for wear and misalignment are crucial to ensure the continued performance and accuracy of the motion control system.
Materials Used in Manufacturing Flange Couplings
Flange couplings are manufactured using various materials, each offering specific properties and advantages. The choice of material depends on factors such as application requirements, environmental conditions, and cost considerations. Here are some commonly used materials in manufacturing flange couplings:
- 1. Steel: Steel is one of the most common materials for flange couplings. It offers excellent strength, durability, and resistance to wear. Steel couplings are suitable for a wide range of applications and can handle high torque and heavy loads.
- 2. Stainless Steel: Stainless steel is chosen for its superior corrosion resistance, making it ideal for applications where the coupling is exposed to moisture, chemicals, or aggressive substances. Stainless steel flange couplings are common in industries such as food processing, pharmaceuticals, and marine.
- 3. Cast Iron: Cast iron couplings are known for their excellent strength and vibration-damping characteristics. They are often used in industrial settings, including pumps, compressors, and conveyor systems.
- 4. Aluminum: Aluminum couplings are lightweight and suitable for applications where weight is a concern. They are commonly used in industries such as aerospace and automotive.
- 5. Brass: Brass couplings offer good corrosion resistance and electrical conductivity. They are used in specific applications that require these properties.
- 6. Bronze: Bronze couplings are valued for their high strength, corrosion resistance, and resistance to wear. They are commonly used in marine and heavy machinery applications.
- 7. Plastic: Plastic couplings, such as nylon or polyurethane, are used in applications where weight, non-conductivity, and chemical resistance are critical factors.
- 8. Composite Materials: Some modern flange couplings may use composite materials that combine different properties, such as strength, flexibility, and corrosion resistance.
When selecting the material for a flange coupling, it is essential to consider factors such as load capacity, temperature range, chemical exposure, and the specific demands of the application. Proper material selection ensures that the flange coupling performs optimally and has a long service life in its intended environment.
editor by CX 2023-08-29